So the results are in. The best H!P single of 2011 as voted for by you, the great H!P loving people of the world, was Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo! And so it’s another victory for Morning Musume. However congratulations are also due to C-ute and S/mileage who came a very credible second and third with Kiss Me Aishiteru and Uchouten LOVE respectively. So at least Momusu didn’t have a monopoly of the top positions this year. A lovely round 150 of you voted and the full results were…
Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo! – Morning Musume 16% (24 votes)
Kiss me Aishiteru – C-ute 11.33% (17 votes)
Uchouten LOVE – S/mileage 10.67% (16 votes)
Maji desu ka Ska! – Morning Musume 8.67% (13 votes)
Only you – Morning Musume 8.67% (13 votes)
Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai – Morning Musume 8% (12 votes)
Please Minisuka Post Woman – S/mileage 5.33% (8 votes)
Konna Watashi de Yokattara – Kikkawa Yuu 5.33% (8 votes)
Busu ni Naranai Tetsugaku – Hello! Project Mobekimasu 4.67% (7 votes)
Zassou no Uta – Buono! 3.33% (5 votes)
Ai no Dangan – Berryz Kobo 3.33% (5 votes)
Sekai ichi HAPPY na Onna no ko – C-ute 2.67% (4 votes)
Heroine ni Narou ka! – Berryz Kobo 2% (3 votes)
Natsu Dakara! – Buono 2% (3 votes)
My Days for You – Mano Erina 2% (3 votes)
Momoiro Sparkling – C-ute 1.33% (2 votes)
Tachiagaaru – S/mileage 1.33% (2 votes)
Seishun no Serenade – Mano Erina 0.67% (1 votes)
Amazuppai Haru ni Sakura Saku – Berryz Kobo x C-ute 0.67% (1 votes)
Koi ni Booing! Boo! – S/mileage 0.67% (1 votes)
Kikkake wa YOU! – Kikkawa Yuu 0.67% (1 votes)
Hapirapi ~Sunrise~ – Kikkawa Yuu 0.67% (1 votes)
Aa, Yo ga Akeru – Berryz Kobo 0% (0 votes)
Shortcut – S/mileage 0% (0 votes)
Makeruna Wasshoi – Bekimasu 0% (0 votes)
Total Votes: 150
Anyway as usual I disagree entirely. 😛 My own personal top ten were…
10. At ten it’s Hello! Project MoBeKiMaSu with Busu ni Naranai Tetsugaku. It’s great to see all of H!P together and while the song is certainly no All For One & One For All it’s still a solid single.
9. At nine is Smileage with the catchy and entertainingky silly and genki Koi ni Booing Buu. Nobody did silly, genki, catchy songs as well as S/mileage. It’s been a disappointing year for them and losing two members doesn’t help much either (especially when replaced with a vampire and some boring idol wannabes) but this song is a perfect snapshot of what S/muleage were all about.
8.Talking of disappointing years at number eight it’s Buono with Zassou no Uta. A good single from a bad mini-album. But at least Buono are continuing and Paris is the place to be next year. It’s a pity I won’t be there then. >< Anyway this single at least gives hope that they can find their direction again and give us some more excellent music. I’d like to see theor old backing group back with them though.
7. It was a quiet year for the wonderful, talented and beautiful Mano-chan but she did give us the lovely My Days For You. I hope the announcement of a new single out in the new year means she will be back to abundantly releasing great singles every few months come 2012. Until then there is this beauty.
6. One very overlooked song this year, perhaps understandably so, is BeKimaSu’s Makeruna Wasshoi. It’s great though. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Momusu’s Chokkan 2. I’d love to see a pv for it. Anyway here’s an audio version for you to enjoy.
5. It was a great year for C-ute. It’s a pity not many people noticed though. Anyway at five it’s Kiss Me Aishiteru. A more mature song from the five c-uties.It’s reminiscent of something like Namida no Iro in terms of direction if not tune. That’s a great direction to be going in although personally I love the genki songs more. However I’d hate to lose one type of song or the other and indeed why should I have to? This is great and I hope they do more songs like it in the future. I also hope they continue to give us happy, youthful bursts of pop too though.
4. At four it’s C-ute again with the criminally overlooked Sekai ichi HAPPY na Onna no ko. You are probably thinking “THAT song? WHY?” Just watch them performing it live. Get caught up in the wonderful exuberance of it all. This song is GREAT!
And here is the pv too.
4 & 3. Fourth to second place were a tough choice for me. They were all singles by the back-to-their-best Momusu. In the end in fourth place I chose Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo! In third place Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai. They go so well together mind you so it’s quite fitting that this double A-side shouldn’t be split up by anything else. Anyway Momusu’s final single with Ai-chan at the helm was brilliant. Both these two songs and Ai-chan’s solo were up there with the best Momusu have ever done. A great and fitting end to the Queen’s reign. God save the Queen! She is a human being…I think. Although possibly she is an angel actually. ^^
2. At number two a song that would be worthy of the number one spot any year. 2011 saw the end of the reign of Queen Ai-chan but she finished her final year with some great singles. Top of which was the wonderful Maji Desu ka Suka! It’s fair to say my favourite songs this year were catchy and upbeat. This debut single for the kyuukies was certainly that. Also it had equal line distribution too which always makes me happy. A group of idols should all get their chance to shine and these eight members (minus the woof woof) certainly did here. One of Momusu’s best singles any year!
1. My number one can only be C-ute’s Momoiro Sparkling. This song never fails to make me feel so happy. I have listened to this more than anything else this year. It’s just so genki! A wonderful, cute, happy, upbeat song. Four minutes of peachy perfect pop princesses. ^^ I love this song so much! Hello! Project gives so much happiness to people all over the world. C-ute and co I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 🙂
If it’s not too late to do so I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous 2012!